Feb 18, 2010

New student reporter

Our new co-op student, Michael Murchison, started work today.
I asked him to write a brief column to introduce himself to our readers for the Feb. 25 edition. Here's a sneak peak:

Growing up in Carleton Place has given me everything I need.
I was born in late December, 1993, the youngest of my family and the youngest in all my school classes.
I made long-lasting friendships with as many people as I could when I was young, despite the fact that I was the shiest and quietest boy you would ever meet.
I grew up and I began my high school years at Carleton Place High School. Now, in the 11th grade I still maintain those long-lasting friendships, and I’m laying the groundwork for new ones. I think of myself as a creative person; I play the guitar, I’m trying to learn the piano, I own a web comic site with a friend and I enjoy writing. In the future I plan to become an advertising copywriter, which is a fancy way of saying: someone who writes ads.
It’s something that I’ve aspired to become for almost my entire life.
Strangely enough, several years after deciding copywriting was what I wanted to do, I discovered my uncle did that exact job. I guess it runs in the family.
I’ve also, been offered an exciting and unique opportunity to work here at the Canadian Gazette as part of my high schools co-operative education program.
I hope to gain writing and work experience that will help me in my short-term and long-term career goals. I expect to have a lot of fun writing here and I hope that I can bring you, the reader something interesting to read with every article.
Michael Murchison is a Carleton Place High School co-op student.

No comments:

Post a Comment